Motherhood~There is no more demanding work in all the world, no more awe-inspiring job description than raising godly seed. It will challenge all the genius, talent and grace that any human being could possess… It is the highest calling any woman can enter. ~Walter J. Chantry

5.24.2011

6 years ago...

Six years ago I welcomed Chad Herbert Jr. into this world! My life was never the same again and it was certainly for the better! I can't believe it has been six years, they have been wonderful. I reflect often how fast the years go and it makes me so sad to see him (and my other two boys) grow and change....of course, it is exciting at the same time so I treasure each moment God gives to me with them. I kiss their tears away, laugh at their silly songs and jokes, and relish each hug and kiss.





Six years. Wow. Chad has grown into a little man, recently and surprises me with his deep and mature conversations. His big heart shows through every day as he takes care of his younger two brothers tenderly and lovingly. He is creative and bright. Respectful and patient. God is working in his heart and I see it everyday.


I love you so much, little Chad!! God has HUGE plans for you--I can't wait to see!
With ALL my LOVE, Mama~




Here is Chad Jr's birth story written by our wonderful doula at the birth, Nicole Murn!


Birth Story for Chad Herbert Reiser Jr.



May 21, 2005



Dear Chad Jr. :



                The day that you came into the world was the most anticipated day in your parents’ whole life.  Never have I seen two more excited parents to be.   They exerted an air of peace and hope and pure anxiousness to meet their precious son.



                Your Dad called me at 10:30 am on Friday May 20, 2005.  He told me that your Mom was having contractions every 10 minutes.  I told them to hang out at home, eat lunch and rest…  Looked like today was the day you were making your entrance.  I talked to the two of them on and off all day.  She was resting and handling her contractions like a champ.  At around 6:00 pm, they became a bit restless, as expected.  They called me and told me that the nurses had called them and told them that there scheduled induction at 8:00 pm that night would have to be pushed back to 10:00 pm.  This was a good thing for your Mom.  You just weren’t ready to come quite yet.



                So at 11:00 pm your Mom and Dad were settled into a hospital room at St. Mary Mercy Hospital in Livonia.  Her doctor came in and checked her and she was dilated to 3 centimeters and 90%effaced.  That was so encouraging for her!  At 12:30 am her doctor, Dr. Dimon, broke her water in order to speed up her labor a little bit.  Your Dad called me back and told me to rest and not to come to the hospital just yet.  At 1:30 am, he called again and said that your Moms contractions were a lot more intense than they had been before and could I come to the hospital now.  I packed my things and off I went.  I was so excited to meet you! 



                When I got there your Mom and Dad were so excited but tiring very quickly.  They had both been awake all day and hadn’t slept at all so they were fading fast.  She was in a bit of pain so we were changing positions, doing massages and focusing through each and every contraction.  Your Mom labored without any pain medication until 5:00 am.   At that point she was too tired to continue.  She had a fever and was given antibiotics and she requested that she be given Nubane.  It allowed her to sleep until 7:50 am.  Then she awoke in more pain than before.  She was checked again and was dilated to 5 centimeters and 100 % effaced. 



                An anesthesiologist came and administered an epidural to your Mom at 7:50 am.  That way she wasn’t feeling contractions anymore and she could sleep in order to get ready for your arrival.  Your Daddy and I went to have breakfast while she was resting.  We talked for a while and although he was so tired, there was still such an air of excitement.



     At 10:30 am, your Mom woke up and was checked again.  This time we had great news! She was dilated to 8 centimeters!!!  Good job little one.  You were working hard to come out, but something happened after that check.  Your Moms labor completely stopped.  No one knew why but she didn’t have any change at all for 2 hours.  So, she was given Pitocin to start things again.  It was time for you to arrive. 

               

                Pitocin was given to Mom at 12:30 and by 3:00 pm she was telling me that it was time to push, she couldn’t sit still.  Looked like the moment of your big arrival was finally here. 

               

                So, the nurses came in and your Daddy and I took our places on either side of Mom and she pushed.  She pushed so hard for 2 hours.  Daddy and I kept telling her what a good job she was doing and how you were coming.  Your Daddy was nothing but sweet to your Mommy.  He told her over and over again that he loved her, that she was wonderful, that he was so proud of her.  They never could have done this without one another.



                At 5:17 pm, a blessing was bestowed upon your parents.  You were born weighing in at 9 lbs, 7 ounces and 20 inches long.  You were beautiful.  Daddy cried, Mommy cried and so did I.  You were just perfect.  You were placed on Mommy’s chest where she and Daddy could take a quick look at their little blessing.   You had a full head of hair and the first thing Mommy said to you was “I love you so much. I cant believe you are here”. 

After the nurses checked you out, it was determined that you had a fever from Mommy’s fever.  So they told Daddy that you needed to go to the nursery and get some antibiotics just to make sure you were ok.  They handed you to Daddy and told him to let your Mommy kiss you and say goodbye for a few minutes.   They were a little scared but I reassured them that it was ok and that you would be taken care of.  I knew you were a strong little guy.



So, Daddy took you to Mommy and she and him told you that they loved you and would see you soon.  They thanked God for you and they both kissed you and then each other.   It was a sweet moment that I was blessed to witness. 

Amanda, Chad, and Chad Jr. Thank you so much for allowing me to be blessed with this awesome experience.  As a couple, you are inspiring.  You are the best team I have ever seen and you have a beautiful new addition to your family.  I wish you nothing but the best and all the blessings in the world.  Thank you for showing me how having so much faith can lead to such a great reward.    





All My Love,





Nicole L. Murn






2 comments:

Cheryl Pogue said...

Amanda and Chad,

What a beautiful entry for Chad Jr.'s 6th Birthday. It brought tears to my eyes. You are doing a wonderful job raising "Lil Chad". He is growing more sweet and precious every day. Smart too. Going to be someone special some day.

Love,
Great Aunt Cheryl

Sarah beth said...

Aww.. happy birthday lil Chad! He is one sweet lil guy.. i love this post and the words of his birth story..how amazing it is to have that! you forget all those lil details sometimes!

oh and love the pic of him!!