Motherhood~There is no more demanding work in all the world, no more awe-inspiring job description than raising godly seed. It will challenge all the genius, talent and grace that any human being could possess… It is the highest calling any woman can enter. ~Walter J. Chantry

4.07.2010

Cell Phone vs. the Bible

I came across this little poem today and thought I would share it! Its such a funny little poem but it speaks a lot of truth! As I am trying to incorporate more Bible time in my daily life and make it priorty for my children as well I think about this concept of cell phone vs. the Bible and realize my cell phone is actually more important to me then I realize. Before cell phones were so popular, people would struggle with just regular phones calls interrupting meal times, reading, or family gatherings. I think it's time I put my phone in the other room for awhile and forget about it! :-)


Cell Phone vs. the Bible




I wonder what would happen if we treated the bible like we treat our cell phones?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we turned back when we forgot it?

What if we flipped through it several times a day?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled?

What if we used it in case of an emergency?

What if we upgraded it to get the latest version?

This is something to make you go...hmmmm...where is my bible?

Oh, and one more thing, we don't ever have to worry about our bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill!

1 comment:

Sarah beth said...

Awww, love that last little part! This was a wonderful poem, love, love it! thank you for sharing, i def agree with this poem.. I like to keep mine on silent and during the wknds its usually away from me. Jon would love if I threw it out ha!