Motherhood~There is no more demanding work in all the world, no more awe-inspiring job description than raising godly seed. It will challenge all the genius, talent and grace that any human being could possess… It is the highest calling any woman can enter. ~Walter J. Chantry

6.03.2011

You'll Be Wishing

Sometimes we all need to hear the words to this poem, don't we? Let it truly break through our spirits and day to day routines. Enjoy! These really are the best days of our lives!

Do not worry, little mother
If there are tracks upon your floor
Years go by and you'll be wishing
You could see those tracks once more.

There won't be much satisfaction
Looking back along the way,
Though we kept our house all shining-
If we scolded every day.

Yes I know that little garments
Sadly torn and out of place
Make it hard for tired mother;
Hard to wear a smiling face.

They will leave their home nest shortly;
Some may fly to foreign lands-
Then your house will be in order
But you will sit with empty hands.

So let us all enjoy each minute
Of these lovely childhood days;
Just forget the dust that gathers;
And enjoy their childish ways.

Yesterday they were but babies,
Now they're with us for awhile
But tomorrow they'll be going-
Send them onward with a smile!

~Anon.




5 comments:

Sarah beth said...

I love this poem, its so beautiful and true. I have never read this one before. Thank you for sharing, you are right..us mommies need this reminder often. I love my home to be clean but there is a time for quick pickup and a whole day in adventures together making a beautiful mess. I love their big puzzles laid across the floor..tents made with all the blankets and chairs..dolls that have been brushed and cared for laying all around and crumbs from meals and snacks we made together! this is the time of my life! <3 thanks for sharing hun!

Sarah beth said...

Pssst! you need to link this up! ;)

Ann@StringerMama said...

Aww love this!!! :0)

justjessy said...

thanks for the encouragement. I have posted it in my FB note as a reminder and to encourage others. :)

BTW, what a beautiful blog,

it's full of love and life
& honoring our Lord, Jesus Christ!

Blessings,
Jessy

Laurel Santiago said...

Very beautiful! It reminds me of when my own Mama scolded me for my housekeeping and said, "The dirt will always be there. The kids won't!"