Motherhood~There is no more demanding work in all the world, no more awe-inspiring job description than raising godly seed. It will challenge all the genius, talent and grace that any human being could possess… It is the highest calling any woman can enter. ~Walter J. Chantry

4.05.2010

Spring, how beautiful is your Creator

Spring is such a great season. It's also a wonderful reminder for a Christian believer in the Lord. Spring, like everything the Lord God has created can pull us away from our materialistic worlds and bring us back to reflection. Every now and then, more often then I would care to admit I need a good reminding of what the Lord has done for me, starting with saving my soul. Remember the feeling when you first were saved? Excitment, hope, and eagerness to serve God. Often times, these feelings slip away with the everydayness of life and we settle into a routine that is blah and serves nothing but ourselves and our own pleasures. Spring can be, if we allow it, a opening of the eyes too look and see what the Lord has done! I'm eternally saved! There is nothing or anyone who can take my salvation away, for my name is written down in the Lamb's Book of Life! I have a wonderful family. A roof over my head, clothes on my back. Air to breath, eyes to see, and legs to carry me wherever I please. Even if we have very little in this mortal world, we have a lot because Jesus died on the cross to redeem us, we don't deserve it, not one little bit.

With the sun shining, the grass turning greener, and the leaves budding on the trees it's somehow easier to see God's promises and to get some fervor back in my walk with Christ. But, soon a restlessness will grow deep inside of me and it will be harder to have the same excitement everyday when I wake up. This is sinful and we need to be in constant prayer so we don't fall prey to it. God wants to be praised everyday, all the time. And he deserves it. I think it makes the Lord very sad when He see's His children become saved, serve Him with gladness (in all things!) then loose their zeal and fall into a medicore Christian life.

I hope to buried in the Word of God this spring and summer so I will always be reminded of God's goodness to me and my family. I hope to be a light shining to a dark world, I can only do this when I have Christ's light turned on--all the way! Lord, give me the dilligence to stay strong in your Word and see all the blessings clearly before me, everyday! I love you! Amen

1 comment:

Sarah beth said...

Beautiful to read! Spring is a wonderful time, everything blossoms and everyone is getting outside more to see Gods gorgeous planet He created for us! I know its sad when life gets too busy and your not opening your bible or praying, praising and serving! one reason I love homeschooling is because my main goal everyday is to read the Word and learn and study a bible story..it keeps me in line lol We really do have so much to be thankful for, our children, our healthy, happy children..our husbands, food on our tables and a warm home..what more could anyone ask for!!!?? We are so blessed and your right, undeserving! I hope many many read this blog and start praising God! :)