Motherhood~There is no more demanding work in all the world, no more awe-inspiring job description than raising godly seed. It will challenge all the genius, talent and grace that any human being could possess… It is the highest calling any woman can enter. ~Walter J. Chantry

2.19.2011

The Busy Hum of Life

It has a busy and full week! Every day practically there has been somewhere to go. I have an over flowing plate. Thus, we scramble on only for me to be reminded "less is more" sometimes! With a new homeschooling co-op, childrens gym classes/soccer, finishing up the final touches on our new home, packing, and getting involved with church ministrys it sometimes feels like I am actualy burning calories just by going throughout the day but I am trying to see the good in it and keep up with my kiddos...whew, I am starting to feel old some days LOL.

As I sit here in the complete darkness and still of the evening tonight--I am filled with a sense of contentment in our busy and full schedule. It reminds me that we are in the prime of our family-hood and that each busy day brings a blessing, a chance to interact with strangers and to witness Christ's Love. A lesson blooms from a totally unexpected event and my children are captivated. Busy, for right now in our lives, is okay.

As spring and summer approach the turn of events will slow down and I will welcome that, too. I'll be ever so happy for nowhere to go and to dig my toes in sand.....Warmer weather brings a whole new pallette of places to go and things to do but just in different paces...

God, Please help me to be satisfied in the busy hum of events that this winter has brought. Thank You Lord for laying on my heart the conviction to homeschool my sweet boys. Help me to be ready to teach my children life lessons out of anything that transpires and help me to be filled with Your holiness and mercy.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven {Ecclesiastes 3:1}

1 comment:

Sarah beth said...

Such a sweet blog, I love your prayer at the end! Its funny because when I have too many uneventful days at home I worry and want to be out and busy. When I am having busy weeks I think wow we are too busy, things at home that are important are not being done. But thats such a wrong thing to worry and fuss over. Gods timing in our lives is perfect and there is a season for everything, a time to be busy and a time to enjoy busyness at home! I really needed to be reminded of this because life will be busy for us next month and a whole new adjustments will be in progress! I am blessed from your blog today! ~thank you!